posted by Dave Arnold and Nastassia Lopez
(Hey, what is this Skål Project anyway?)
Cooking Issues has a new member. Please welcome:
- Nastassia Lopez. We poached her from Cesare. Half Spanish, half Ukranian. Don’t ask to taste her drink.
And now…. Meat:
- Mark Pastore. Heads up Pat La Frieda Wholesale Meat. Loves all types of meat.
- Toshio Suzuki. Chef at Sushi Zen. Fish master. Our Ike Jime Sensei. Incredibly gracious man.
- Sean Marcus. Runs Marcus Dairy. Crap on milk, got skoal?
On newspapers, TV and radio:
- Eric Schlosser. Author of Fast Food Nation and Reefer Madness. Besides a Filet-O-Fish and some dope he likes caraway liqueur.
Bring on the 4- Star Pastry Peoples:
- Johnny Iuzzini. One of our bestest buddies. 4 star pastry chef of Jean Georges. Motorcycle nut. If you are the person who stole his KTM bike don’t let him find you.
- Michael Laiskonis. 4-star pastry chef at Le Bernardin. Sweetheart. Fellow blogger. When’s your wife Heather coming in for a skoal?
For our random skoal category:
The woman who published the Anarchist Cookbook:
and the woman who brings the anarchy:
- Anne Burrell. Food Network superstar, chef, woman about town, berserker skoaler.